Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Within Me (Dentro Di Me)
 - a short stop-motion video exploring the anxiety that stems from feeling constricted by one’s physical existence.

This project was an outlet. It relieved some of the stress I have been feeling for the past few months. It helped me realize how difficult life is for everyone and that in someway or another we must all (learn to) cope. In fact, this project was meant to make a statement about how we all may internally cope in very different ways, but when we turn our feelings outward, we tend to express them similarly (hair pulling, closing our eyes, taking deeper breaths). It makes me wonder about the manifestation of emotion and whether our expressions are innate or learned. To complement this thought, I chose to add the Tibetan singing bowl as accompanying music. The sound the bowl emits is a sound of everything-ness. It is a sound that heals, relieves stress, and gives a sense of well being.
Here is a link to the video: Within Us


Here are some of the stills I captured throughout the stop-motion.







I am so thankful for all of the people who helped me create this project. Thank you Alexcia, Makenzie, Amelia, Madison, Ryn, Raina, Kyle, Michelle, and Sabrina. You're all amazing and I could not have made this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment