Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Prologue

I think writing a blog is pretty much like keeping a diary, and I must admit that I've never been quite good at that. I don't always find it easy to express myself through written or spoken word. It isn't because I don't think I can write well, no. It mostly has to do with the fact that I incessantly edit my sentence structure and word choice. I re-read every word until it loses its meaning, and then I'm stuck trying to find a better word that can more accurately capture the "actual" sentiment I am trying to convey. I mean, let's take this post as an example. I think I've written about 8 drafts of it now. But I keep erasing, changing things around, and then getting sick of it all and starting over again. THUS, I HAVE DECIDED TO WRITE IN A STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS, just as dear Virginia Woolf once did. If you see a grammatical error, too bad. This is my brain rambling and my fingers aren't going to stop and my eyes will not look back at previous sentences, otherwise there will be no project 1 posting!
- CMS
I'll end this with a photograph I took a couple years ago of the most important beings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment